Interested in Substitute Teaching in Summit Hill 161?
Please complete the following process at the
Will County Regional Office of Education
Hours are: M-F 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Pursuant to Sec. 10-21.9 of the Illinois School Code, as of January 1, 2011, all teachers seeking a substitute position in Illinois schools are required to register with the Regional Office of Education and qualify for a "Certificate of Authorization” in the county where they wish to teach.
Therefore, the Will County Regional Office of Education will no longer accept applications for the Substitute Teacher List. Prospective substitutes who want to work in Will County schools must now apply for a "Certificate of Authorization” at the Will County ROE.
All substitute teachers currently active on the Will County ROE Substitute Teacher List have documentation on file and are considered to have a "Certificate of Authorization” from the office until further notice.
Fees for Substitute Teacher Certificate of Authorization:
- $49.00 initial fee for fingerprinting (criminal background check)
- $20.00 to re-do fingerprinting on the State Level
- $25.00 to re-do fingerprinting on the Federal Level
- $49.00 to re-do fingerprints
- $10.00 document processing fee (for out-of-county Authorization registration)
- $10.00 to re-print background check
To receive a "Certificate of Authorization”:
The following documentation must be provided before a "Certificate of Authorization” will be issued by the Will County Regional Office of Education:
- Substitute Teacher Information Form.
- Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status.
- Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 (two forms of identification are required in person, i.e. drivers license, passport, social security card, or birth certificate.)
- Substitute Teacher Permission Form.
- Physician’s statement of good health and freedom from communicable disease, including tuberculosis, signed by a physician and not more than 90 days old. Please keep a copy of these for your records. Will County residents may contact the Sunny Hill Tuberculosis Clinic.
- $49.00 initial fee to perform a criminal background check (cash, personal check or money order). Applicants are responsible for all fees associated with performing a criminal background check.
Once you have accumulated all of the above-mentioned documentation, call the Will ROE office to set up an appointment for a criminal background check. If you do not have all of your documentation and fees with you on the day of your appointment, you will have to reschedule.